Looking for an online class to assist you in your ticket dismal? Complete our Online Defensive Driving / Drivers Safety Course (DSC) to dismiss any one of the moving violations shown on the ticket you were issued.
You are eligible to request this Texas Defensive Driving course for a ticket dismissal if you:
• Have not requested and taken a Texas driving safety course for a traffic offense with the last 12 months.
• Are not currently participating in any Texas defensive driving course for another traffic violation.
Please note that if you were cited for any of the following, you are not eligible to take Texas defensive driving for your ticket dismissal:
• Speeding 25 mph or more above the posted speed limit
• No insurance or failure to maintain financial responsibility
• Leaving the scene of a collision
• Passing a School Bus, or
• If you were cited while driving in a Construction Zone
Also, if you have a commercial driver’s license you are not eligible to take defensive driving
You are only eligible to take defensive driving for ticket dismissal in the State of Texas once per year. Additionally you MUST request permission to take this driver safety course for purposes of ticket dismissal by the appearance date shown on your ticket. To take defensive driving and get your violation dismissed, you must complete the following steps with the Abilene court system:
1. Request permission to take defensive driving for dismissal of your violation by the appearance date shown on your ticket.
2. Complete the course before the deadline established by the Court when or if permission is granted.
3. Obtain a copy of your driving record from Texas Department of Public Safety within the deadline given by the court. (247 Texas Driver Safety company will order this on your behalf for a fee if you select this option during enrollment.)
4. Show proof of driving record and certificate of completion to the Court by the court imposed deadline.
Your certificate of completion will be mailed directly to you at the address you provide during course registration. (If your due date is coming soon, we can rush the certificate to you for an additional fee.)
This Texas Defensive Driving course / Texas Drivers Safety Course (CP156) has been created to adhere to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Driving Safety School specifications and has received approval by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Click here to Register