Port Arthur Online Defensive Driving
the 247texasdefensivedriving.com Defensive Driving / Drivers Safety
Course (DSC) to dismiss any one of the moving violations shown on the
ticket you were issued by Port Arthur, Texas.
You are eligible to request our Texas Defensive Driving course for a Ticket Dismissal if you:
• Have not requested and taken a Texas driving safety course for a traffic offense with the last 12 months.
• Are not currently participating in any Texas defensive driving course for another traffic violation.
If you were cited for any of the following, you are not eligible to take Texas defensive driving for ticket dismissal.
• Speeding 25 mph or more above the posted speed limit
• No insurance or failure to maintain financial responsibility
• Leaving the scene of a collision
• Passing a School Bus, or
• If you were cited while driving in a Construction Zone.
Please Note: If you have a commercial driver's license you are not eligible to take defensive driving
In the state of Texas, you can only take defensive driving for
ticket dismissal once per year. Additionally you MUST request
permission to take the 247texasdefensivedriving.comdriver safety course
for purposes of ticket dismissal by the appearance date shown on your
ticket. To take defensive driving and get your violation dismissed, you
must complete these steps with the courts in Port Arthur, Texas:
1. Request permission to take defensive driving for dismissal of your violation by the appearance date shown on your ticket.
2. Complete the course before the deadline established by the Court when or if permission is granted.
3. Obtain a copy of your driving record from Texas Department of Public
Safety within the deadline given by the court. (Our company will
order this on your behalf for a fee if you select this option during
4. Show proof of driving record and certificate of completion to the Court by the court imposed deadline.
Your certificate of completion will be mailed directly to you at the
address you provide during course registration. (If your due date
is coming soon, we can rush the certificate to you for an additional
This Texas Defensive Driving course / Texas Drivers Safety Course
(CP156) has been created to adhere to the Texas Education Agency
Driving Safety School specifications and has received approval by the
Texas Education Agency.